Wednesday, October 17, 2007

so much to do...

Oh, I've been slacking. Bad, bad Jackie. My newsletter is late, I haven't posted any articles in a while, I'm still trying to plow through my mailing list for the newest installment of postcards...ai. To be fair, I've been waking up every morning feeling like I was hit by a Mack truck, whose compassionate driver then backed up over me to finish off, and the feeling has been sticking throughout the day.
Everyone keeps telling me I'm doing too much. But...this is my moment. I screw this one up, I probably won't get another chance. So, onward and upward I go.
In other news...I'm really ticked about this whole Ellen Doggie Disaster thing. You may have heard, she adopted a dog, the dog and her cats didn't mesh, so she gave the dog to her hairdresser and her children. Nice, right? Responsible. Not according to the shelter owner, who plowed into the hairdresser's home, with cops and a warrant, and took the children's doggie away.
Granted, there was a clause in the contract that, should troubles arise, the dog should be returned to the shelter, but...it's not as though Ellen put a "free dog" ad in the paper, she knows the owner, speaks to her every day, and, animal lover that I know she is, probably gave this a good think before she did it. Personally, I think a home full of children and happiness is better than cold concrete and chain-link fence. Apparently, this shelter owner disagrees.
Of course, I do feel a little bad for the shelter owner, now...apparently, she's filed harassment charges, since she's gotten death threats over this. Part of me is screaming "KARMA!!!!" and part of me is saying, well, maybe she just took her responsibility a little too far.
For the most part, I agree with the fact that rules are rules. They are there for a purpose, to protect people, animals, trees, etc. But there is an exception to every rule, and when someone does something with the best of intentions, with the best of results, I think perhaps we can look the other way.
It nearly broke my heart this morning, when I saw a clip of Ellen crying on her show. Keep your chin up, honey...nobody blames you. And you did the right thing.

No comments: