Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another Great Event...

Well, there's twenty-seven more copies of Surviving Serendipity floating around in the world now. I had an absolutely awesome time at my signing at Pierce's Used Books in Brodheadsville today. The combination of the article and ad in West End Happenings, and Russ's buy-one, get-one sale overcame the dampening effect of the snow, and people hopped in their 4WD's and filled the store almost all day long.
On a more personal note...I did not have one single attack of nerves today, not one. Even chatting up strangers, starting conversations with people to get them over to my table, didn't cause me to push my new "panic button" (lol Em, thanks again!). The only thing that was both immensely gratifying and mildly irritating was the two photographers/reporters, Linda Koehler from the Times News and Tom Schrader from Festivities magazine, who showed up to photograph the event. Gratifying, because, hey, they like me, they really like me! Irritating because I have a gigantic pimple on my forehead, of course.
Thanks again to all who came out to support me, and special thanks to Russ, who hosted a fantastic event and kept me alive all day with his fabulous organic coffee!

No comments: