Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yeah, It's Real


Dear Diary,

Wow, what a week.

First, I’ve come to the unfortunate conclusion that this is not a hallucination or joke television episode. This is real. I am really on another planet, I’m really speaking a language other than English, and I really look like this. But it’s not all bad, weirdly enough. I’ve stopped freaking out every time a crazy-looking woodland creature jumps out on the path (although freaking isn’t exactly an overreaction, since the first creature I met was the draek, which is this absolutely disgusting creature that lures its human prey by imitating a crying child).

And I actually think I’ve made some friends; the Valforte, who are the blue guys I wrote about last time. They’re nice, they’re down to Earth, and I feel really bad for them. Because, as I found out when we stopped in a village, Halryan isn’t the only one who treats them like dirt. Shame, because I haven’t met a single one of ‘my’ people (Andrians, I guess they’re called) worth the breath insulting them would cost. I understand now why the Valforte were so cautious, when they first met me, though…they probably thought I was a jerk, just like the rest of the people who look like me. But we’re getting along pretty well now. Except for Minogan, but he’s just a little strange, I think.

But now we’re back in the woods, moving on with the quest. I’m starting to get a little performance anxiety here; everyone’s still banking on the fact that I’m a sorceress, and I’m still positive I’m not.

--June

Can't wait to read the rest? Buy Surviving Serendipity on Amazon or Quake Direct! And don't forget to follow along with June on Twitter!

Beware the sound of crying children, watch out for the barmaids, and whatever you do, don't let the Pegasus spit on you.
Surviving Serendipity--http://www.sylvaniamania.com

No comments: