Friday, March 6, 2009

Exciting Real Estate Opportunities



Boy, are we winners up here in the Poconos. This isn’t the first time our area has made national headlines for some kind of goofy screwup (wish I could remember the exact circumstances of the others, but my brain deleted it in favor of other stuff it considers more important), but this is probably the best one I can think of. East Stroudsburg Area School District, a neighboring district to my own alma mater, Pleasant Valley, accidentally sold a $46,000 classroom trailer on Ebay for $1. Guess somebody forgot to click that “set reserve” button.

Speaking of real estate oddities, it may not be a dollar, but hey, you could teach your kids about the difference between stalagmites and stalactites in your own living room! A family in Festus, Missouri may have to sell their cave home on Ebay if they can’t come up with some cash. The house has a wooden front, but inside has natural cave walls and ceilings, plus the usual amenities of water, sewer, and electricity, and a tricked-out kitchen, from what I hear. The listing is already set up on Ebay, but they remembered to set a reserve, at least; bidding starts at $300,000.

My question is—if I move there, do I have to start sleeping upside-down?





Beware the sound of crying children, watch out for the barmaids, and whatever you do, don't let the Pegasus spit on you.
Surviving Serendipity--http://www.sylvaniamania.com

1 comment:

Mary Cunningham said...

Wonder if the "house/cave" comes with bats!!

:>)

http://www.cynthiasattic.blogspot.com