Thursday, March 19, 2009

Winners and reviews!


It’s that time of the week again, to review what I’ve read, and what I thought of it.
First, I read all three of Charlaine Harris’s Harper Connelly series: Grave Sight, Grave Surprise, and An Ice Cold Grave. I’m a big fan of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, but honestly, I think I like Harper better. She’s a young woman who, after being struck by lightning at age 15, acquires the power to find dead bodies, and to know what killed them. This series seems a lot homier and down to earth; more comfortable, somehow. The next Harper Connelly comes out in October 2009.

Next, I read J.R. Turner’s DFF: Dead Friends Forever,
which I downloaded from Fictionwise.com. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Very creepy, and different from a lot of the paranormal books out there, which tend to romanticize the otherworldly. Raw, real and terrifying.

Finally—I promised an announcement, and here it is. The winner of the Paperbax book holder is Shelburns! I'm sending you an email, but if some kind of internet bloop happens, feel free to email me at jacquelynsylvanATsylvaniamaniaDOTcom.

For those of you who didn’t win, don’t fret. Same rules as Monday on Teen Seen; just leave a comment on my blog to be entered. And don’t forget, you’ll get an additional entry for each friend you refer to the contest; just ask your friend to enter your username in the comment. If you can’t comment, email me at jacquelynsylvanATsylvaniamaniaDOTcom and we’ll get you entered. Contest closes Sunday night, winners will be announced here on Monday. If you already won, sorry, but you can’t enter again.

Congrats to the winner, and good luck!

No comments: