Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm Amazed by You

Writer though I may be, I simply cannot express in words how incredibly, overwhelmingly grateful I am to everyone who came out to my launch party last night. It's been a rough couple of weeks, full of setbacks and doubt, but last night put an end to all that. (Okay...most of it.)
What I know is this...I have an amazing, outstanding group of people behind me. Not just behind me, either; in front of me, blasting obstacles out of my way, and on either side of me, holding me up. Last night could not have happened without the particular help of Emily, Danny, Michael, Nick, Valayre, Sensei Sue Scarborough, my dear parents, and my marvelous, ever-patient husband, not to mention my publisher, Karen Syed, who drove up from Maryland to join us this weekend, and everyone who came out to support me. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
The wait is finally over...let the adventure begin.

No comments: