Thursday, January 15, 2009

Inspiration

The most common question people ask me is, “How do you come up with this stuff?” Okay, this is kind of embarrassing, but I’ll spill. You want to know how I really come up with all these ideas for books? I play pretend. In my head. And yes, I’m 28 years old.
See, it starts like this; I’ll get an idea. Just a flash, like a mini-scene from a movie trailer. I’ll see a character, and then—I start playing her. Acting out scenes in my head.
The really sad thing is that I’m jealous of all my characters. Insanely jealous. I would love nothing more than to be abruptly abducted to a faraway planet, only to have my true identity as royalty revealed. I would kill for a chance to be able to talk to spirits, to move in the world of the undead. And shape-shifting into a wolf? I shudder with longing.
So, I guess you could say my inspiration is a lust for adventure. And until the time when I can live my own, you can keep reading about them.
Haven’t read Surviving Serendipity? What are you waiting for? http://tinyurl.com/6z3gp3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate with your post. As much as I want to write my own book, I do not have ample experiences to do so. And so, spend my time doing book reports on nice books. My mind is a working dream. Everything becomes alive but it seems that they are bound to stay there forever. Any tips on how I can put it into writing? Thanks.