Friday, February 20, 2009

Drink Up...


Thirsty? Well, if you’re traveling to India, you should be able to sample a tasty, refreshing beverage soon…made of cow urine.

The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, or RSS, a fundamentalist Hindu organization, is currently developing the drink, which they plan to mix with other ‘healthy’ ingredients, like aloe vera and gooseberry. The Hindus consider cows sacred, and their urine is often drunk in religious ceremonies. According to the RSS, cow urine is a cure for about eighty different diseases. The only thing I think this might cure is obesity, as in “when you get hungry, think about how this stuff must taste, and you will totally lose your appetite.”

The RSS also thinks Pepsi is an instrument of Western imperialism. Yeah, maybe, but it doesn’t taste like pee.

On a side note, I just realized something; last week’s Funny Friday post was about poo, and this one was about pee. I promise next week I’ll keep the humor out of the toilet, okay?


Beware the sound of crying children, watch out for the barmaids, and whatever you do, don't let the Pegasus spit on you.
Surviving Serendipity--http://www.sylvaniamania.com

3 comments:

Emily Hainsworth said...

I dunno...Pepsi does taste a little bit like pee.

Mary Cunningham said...

I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Funny, funny post! Thanks for a great morning laugh! But, I'll pass on all urine-based drinks.

http://www.cynthiasattic.blogspot.com

Regan Black said...

I feel confident that if Mary, Jackie and I were to go out drinking after SC Book Fest we WON'T have a conflict of interests.
LOL

Regan
http://www.regansrealm.blogspot.com