Tuesday, March 3, 2009

As the world turns


Dear Diary,

Well, I thought the excreta had already hit the fan, when, ya know, I was kidnapped to another world, but I was so wrong. Turns out my stay here in Prendawr is permanent. Well, I guess I could go back, but since everyone I know on Earth was already eighty years old a few days ago and are by now probably dead, there doesn’t really seem to be a point, does there?

I guess there was this whole for-the-greater-good point to sending me to Earth, but I don’t care. All I care about right now is that I’ve lost everything. I’ve been lied to and cheated out of everything I had, everything I’ve known. Every memory of my life before coming here is going to carry a taint.

And as for the people that lied to me…they still get what they want, that’s what makes me the maddest. I still have to save their stupid world for them, because if I don’t, innocent people like Koen and the rest of the Valforte are going to die. If it weren’t for them, honestly, I’d just sit down and wait for it all to blow up.

And I’m going to make sure that, if I do manage to keep the world from ending, everyone knows that if it weren’t for the Valforte, they’d all be dead.

--June


You do realize you're going to have to wait a whole 'nother week to find out what happens, right? Not if you order Surviving Serendipity now on Amazon.com or Quake Direct! And don't forget, you can follow June on Twitter!


Beware the sound of crying children, watch out for the barmaids, and whatever you do, don't let the Pegasus spit on you.
Surviving Serendipity--http://www.sylvaniamania.com

No comments: