Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Poisoned


Dear Diary,

I guess I’m officially important now. Someone tried to assassinate me.

It started when, thankfully, we found the Valforte’s village, settled in a temporary tent city a few miles from their original village. And…I mean, they’d just had their homes burned, all people could see was this Andrian “princess” walking into their midst…I can understand why it happened. To make a long story short, I was poisoned.

I nearly died—I should have died. Actually, from what I hear, I did die for a few seconds. The amount of poison I was given probably would have killed the entire village, but I suppose my sorceress constitution wasn’t taken into account.

Not long after, Koen and I got into an argument, about me putting myself between him and the other Valforte in danger. He says I’m too important, that each and every one of them can and should die before me, if it comes down to that. Obviously, I have a problem with watching my boyfriend and, let’s face it, my family, lay down their lives for me while I stand back and quiver.


It’s not the way I’m made. If it was, we wouldn’t be here. I’d still be back in that cottage Halryan brought me to, staring at my cell phone in the hopes that service bars would suddenly appear. I wouldn’t be running around, risking everything I have and even things I haven’t got yet for a world I’m not even sure I believe in. I think he understands now. At least, we’ve agreed to disagree.

It got me thinking, though. What would have happened if the poisoning attempt had been successful? If I’d died…the world would have ended.

If it weren’t such an annoying burden to bear, man, would I have the biggest head in the universe.

--June



No comments: